Monday, March 30, 2009

Road That I am

I want you to do something for me.
Sit down and tell me:

Are you ready?

Are you ready for me? And if you are then close your eyes and lets listen to the silence of our loudest thoughts. Let's rejoice in our solitude, celebrate the pain that we cannot feel and give away the love that fills our hearts.

Can you feel me? Can you follow my steps even when I am not there? Will you remember why you came here after I break your spirits and tear you apart? Don't look for love in me. It's inside you. Open up and let it out.

Feel me.

Look back now, see the footprints we have left behind. They are imprints on my life. I am your road and I will lead you if only you don't stray.

Trust in me.

Entertain me with boredom. Amuse me with the ordinary. Surprise me with the expected. And when you do, I will open up the book of my life and tear out the pages that don't tell your story.

Give yourself to me.

I will swallow you. If you let me, I will even give you a new life. Reborn, you will walk a new road, a new path. You will see what I never could, and then you will come back and sit down with me. You will close your eyes, and tell me to close mine, while we get used to the noise of our unspoken words. And in unison we will breath the silence we made up and I will taste your new world, like you once tasted mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment